What you will first notice about the Zync Credit Card from American Express is that application process is not the same as others. While you will, of course, have to submit your personal information and financial history, you are also given the option of selecting the “packs” you want for your points earnings. There are four packs to start with when you first apply and you can add more once your card arrives:
1. GO pack:
- Double points on travel expenses like airfare
- Up to 25% off at Avis and Budget
- Up to 20% off at Hertz and 2 days of GPS rental when you rent 3 days
- $50 credit when you book your vacation through AMEX Vacations
- Complimentary membership in the Credit Card Registry, which basically protects you from fraud if your card is lost or stolen
2. RESTAURANT pack:
- Get double points on dine-in restaurants, fast-food chains, coffee shop bistros, and more dining outlets around the world
- Special offers and event invitations from Lettuce Entertain You, Morton’s The Steakhouse, Patina Restaurant Group, Seasons 52, Coldstone Creamery, and Dunkin Donuts
- Receive immediate rewards cards and discounts as soon as you are approved!
3. ECO pack:
- Get double points when you shop with or patronize select green merchants
- Enjoy access to a 24-hour eco-concierge service with Greenopia
- Membership discounts on select eco-friendly merchandise including carbon offsetting materials and equipment
- Get double points at selected apparel retailers and the specialty retailer Gilt Groupe
- Enjoy augmented Return Protection, and special savings exclusive to card holders
- Other special offers from the Gilt Groupe, like quarterly access to private sales events, promotional shipping discounts and more
Each pack, except for the Eco-Pack which is free, adds an annual fee onto your card in addition to the extremely low base fee of $25. The most expensive pack is $25, which means that you could potentially add all four packs and still pay an annual fee of around $100, which is comparable to most other cards with similar benefits. Some packs will provide instant savings as soon as you apply and are approved, which means you can start enjoying your benefits immediately.
Same Old American Express
Even if you choose not to partake in any of the rewards programs, you still get the same quality benefits that you expect from American Express. You can still get regular rewards points on the dollar for eligible purchases. Your points have no limit and no expiration date, but you won’t need to worry because you can start reaping the benefits at only 1,000 points by choosing a reward from over 500 brands. Like other American Express cards, using your Zync card earns you double points when you book travel through the American Express Travel site and triple points for shopping at the exclusive online affiliate mall, which include big box, brand name stores like Target, Barnes and Noble, the Gap, Saks, and many others.
You can use your points for just about anything. Assign them to flight vouchers with no blackout dates. Use them to acquire general merchandise, gift cards, entertainment, or unique experiences from over 500 of the world’s top brands. Your points can count towards discounts on electronics, travel expenses, and entertainment events, and with more opportunities to spend being added constantly, you’ll never run out of ways to enjoy reaping the benefits of your card.
Since it is an American Express card, you also get the opportunity of credit with no interest if you pay your balance in full every month. This is one of the best features of credit cards, in general, because you get to appreciate all of the rewards and pay for none of them! Your American Express card also offers Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty, which ensures that you get what you want and you get your money’s worth. If it breaks, malfunctions, or isn’t quite what you expected, American Express will help you to get it returned or replaced quickly and without any headaches.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express®.
- Elite Credit Cards from American Express
- American Express OPEN Business Credit Cards Update
- Endless Possibilities With Blue Cash from AMEX
- Woman’s Best Friend: the Right Credit Card
- Card Review: AMEX SimplyCash Business OPEN Card
- Fly High with Co-Branded Credit Card Offers
- How Your Credit Card Helps: Flight Delays & Holiday Travel